Every good Southern girl knows how to make a damn good pecan pie. And while Briana is not a Southern girl, she can make pecan pie with the best of them. Nothing crazy going on here, just pecans, vanilla, sugar, bourbon, and eggs.
It’s a great way to finish any meal, or the perfect snack after a run.
Briana’s Pecan Pie (it’s a mishmash of about recipes she’s tried and like this best)
1 3/4 Cup Pecan Halves
3/4 Cup Dark Corn Syrup
1 Tablespoon Molasses
2 Tablespoons Kentucky Bourbon
1/2 Packed Dark Brown Sugar
4 Tablespoons Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Large Eggs
1. Prepare pie dough as instructed.
2. Preheat over to 425 degrees F. Use dough to line 9-inch pie plate; make a fancy looking edge. Refrigerate or freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
3. Line pie shell with foil, fill with pie weights and bake 15 mins. Remove foil and weights and bake for another 5. Cool on wire rack and turn over down to 350 degrees.
4. Chop 1 cup pecans.
5. In large bowl, with whisk, mix corn syrup, molasses, bourbon, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and eggs until blended. Stir in chopped pecans.
6. Pour filling into cool pie shell. Add leftover whole pecans to top of pie. Bake until filling is set around the edges but center jiggles a little, around 50 minutes. Cool for at least an hour. EAT!